Sunday, August 26, 2012

WILD BLACK BERRY JAM

What a view to pick wild black berries.  Waves crashing in the background, the smell of the ocean.  It was perfect.

 Jill's husband Jaya forged a trail for us so we didn't get hung up in the thorns.  He's quite the berry picker too.  His bucket filled really fast.
 

I love this picture of Jill with her braids and walking in the tall grass, I could hear "The Sound of Music"  as I watched her...HaHa
I did my share of picking too, and it was worth every poke and stick I got from the thorns.  While the rest of California was suffering with a record 108 we were comfortable in our sweats and scarves.  The weather of absolutely perfect in the high 60's and low 70's.

Back to the house to wash and clean the berries and get to work.  But first, we made a black berry cobbler, but it was gone before before I thought it grab the camera.  Believe me, it was heavenly!


With our sleeves rolled up we ended up with 6 medium jars and 12 small ones.  We labeled and delivered them to friends and family on the trip home.  Jill wanted the large jars to go to her siblings,so I will be personally delivering them.

There is still more to come...can't wait to share the deer that roam in Jill's back yard and forest.  Next installment of the Oregon trip coming soon.

8 comments:

  1. Yum is all I've got to say.
    Thank you for my jam. It's so special I don't want it to be gone.
    love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great trip, you are having a wonderful time, I love the braids, too cute,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so jealous! Blackberries are my favorites. My Mom used to have a row of bushes. We called them Boysenberries. Yum! I love the photos. I agree, the one of Jill reminds me of Sound of Music! So cute!

    love, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blackberries are a favourite of mine too, especially cobbler.......uuuummm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum! All that beautiful scenery, the ocean, the weather and blackberries too! I also like the braids. Cute pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummy! Sounds like a perfect day! Cobbler never lasts long around here. I know that jam was scrumptious, too. Hope you are having a good week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks perfect. i am so glad that you got to have a special time. The blackberries look scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hard work but oh, so worth it! Such a spectacular view in that first photo!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)