Wednesday, August 1, 2012

UPDATE ON CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW


Captain Jack has made it past the critical 10 days and is thriving!  He loves being held, and is sleeping through the night, and eating time is stretching out longer between feedings. He's getting more feathers, and continue to respond to my daughter's voice.  She was reading about the coloring and when he gets more feathers, they may have to change it's name to Captain Jackie.

You can see he eats from a little paint brush and is trying his little legs crawling around the box and trying to grip his little feet on my daughter's finger.  Julie wraps him in a Kleenex and puts him in her blouse and gets her housework done.  He sleeps and feels the warmth of her body and I swear, if that little guy could talk, he would say "Julie, are you my Mother?"  It's hard work, but she's committed.  Getting to sleep all night helps.  More updates to follow.

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I agree, Laurie...I stand in awe.

      Delete
  2. I think it's amazing too.
    Your daughter has such dedication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my Julie...this is not the first stray she's taken in or adopted. We are all getting attached. It's crazy, but he seems so tiny and helpless, and seems to so appreciate the love he's getting.

      Delete
  3. Is Julie a beautiful woman or what? She so does take after her mama. You both are beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danette..She is a darling daughter. BTW I talked to Kay, and will make plans to get together when we get to OR.

      Delete
  4. Julie is a woman after my own heart! I've had my share of baby birds, my favorites were Charlie bird...and Pigey both had fallen out of the usta be palm tree on 6th street at our old house...I think I still have baby bird meal somewhere and usta have mill worms too. That birdie will get attached just as she will to birdie:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let Julie know your story! I know she will appreciate it. Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your birdie saga.

      Delete
  5. Oh Wanda what a sweet story! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those "Day by Day" soap operas.

      Delete
  6. What sweet news to read this morning!! I am so happy to hear Captain Jack(ie) is doing well! He is sure getting some tender, loving care! {big smiles} blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That little bird is recorded in by 1000 gift journal several times as he continues to fight for life...what an illustration.

      Delete
    2. yes... yes... he merits being in that list of gratitudes.

      Delete
  7. Aw...I'm so glad he's doing well! My little Jack is doing well, too....doubled in size, sleeping through the night and I think he considers me his mother, too! I think your daughter has a pet sparrow! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy..Hope you had a nice break, I'll hop over to see what's new at your house.

      I can't believe how involved we all are in this little guys fight for life! Guess she better start looking for a cage!

      Delete
  8. I think it's great that the little guy is thriving. He would make an absolutely great homeschool project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouln't it? I can see the children loving watching the process, and even getting to feed it.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)