Saturday, August 25, 2012

BROTHERLY LOVE

 
We had a wonderful reunion with my "little" brother Hal.  I was 10 years old when my mother told me we were going to have a baby.  It was like having a live baby doll to play with when he was little.  Now he towers above me, but he's still my baby brother.  He and his darling wife Becky work with an American Indian Preservation, and this beautiful little church is where they hold events.  I will be sharing a picture of his wife's and some of her amazing Indian Art on a post real soon and more about the work they do and this church and the rectory.
 

 
We were treated like royalty and enjoyed their 5th Wheel, as they were doing some remodeling in their home.   Nice to visit and eat with them and then have the privacy of our own little "Motel"
for the night.  Wake up...make a pot of coffee and then go over to the house for breakfast and more good visiting.


Like my father, my brother has a "Green Hand"....more than a thumb (haha)  We had wonderful meals with them straight from the garden.  Egg plant, tomatoes, squash, and fresh herbs.  Yummy!


This is a view of their yard from the 5th Wheel.  Just love that rock fence.  They have three delightful dogs...and Molly did quite well adjusting to the youngest one, Bubba...who followed her around and wanted to play all the time.

We made several stops at friends and family on our way to Jill's, but this reunion with my brother and sil was so special as I had not seen him for many years.

Over the next few days I will be sharing more from our perfect vacation.

9 comments:

  1. I often question whether any of my fingers are green...

    Nice to meet your brother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How grand to visit with your brother, and the 5th wheel made a cool place to stay, I can see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's nice to meet your baby brother! You sure have had a lovely vacation. ...but I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great wrap-up of your time with Hal and family. Looking forward to the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Family reunions are fun! Both sons will be at the wedding -- first time we all four have been together for several years. Of course one son will have his wife-to-be and the other his girlfriend. Not too far away now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful time you had, there certainly is a family resemblance, i'm looking for ward to seeing more of your vacation photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh GG~

    I'm so glad you had a wonderful time, and the pictures are incredible!

    I can't wait to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice that you had a wonderful visit. I am 5 feet 7 inches and my "little" brother is 6 foot 4. :) Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great time together. Love the photo of you and your "little" brother! Sounds like they have a wonderful ministry.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)