Friday, August 3, 2012

A WALK IN THE PARK


Tonight, after running an errand near this park, we stopped to let Molly enjoy some new trees and smells.  Isn't that what a dog live for?? HaHa.

It's a large lovely park just a few minutes from our house.  Don't know why we haven't enjoyed it more.  Molly really liked it, so I'm sure we'll go back.

Lots of green grass, big trees, and big rocks.  I had Don take my picture behind this tree so you could see just how big it is.  It's three large trunks coming out of one.

Our trip to Oregon to see Jill is only a week away.  I've been collecting my canning jars, as Jill and I plan to make blackberry jam while we're there.  It black berry season so that should be fun, and I'll come home with homemade jam.

What does you weekend look like?

9 comments:

  1. I'll let you know when it's over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh. If I had a park that close, I would be there all the time. It's too hot in my corner of the world to do anything outside. Blackberry jam! Yum! Have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tammy ~ how nice to meet you. I just visited your blog, and saw the dust storm...Makes me really appreciate the park.

      I'll put you on my blog list.

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, you are going to enjoy the fresh blackberries and the jam... but, mostly the time with loved ones. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So right Tanna...I miss Jill so much since she moved or OR. She's the baby...and the youngest is always your baby.

      Delete
  4. Local parks are always worth investigating. We have an abundance of them, thanks to the forward thinking of our council and careful city planning. Some are quite small, but still worth visiting. My weekend is going to be a quiet one. Got a lot of drawing to do so that's a good thing. It's so good to have my 'eyes' back. New glasses coming soon, but don't need them except for the close work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful park for both you and Molly.
    Your jam project with Jill will be so much fun. Lots of laughter and talk and a little juicy berries thrown in to sweeten the pot.
    It won't be long now...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photos Wanda. My weekend has been a very couch potato one as I am still home with the flu.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)