Thursday, July 5, 2012

TWO KINDS OF COMFORT


Had my appointment with the Doctor today to follow up on my fall last Sunday.  Since "tailbones" just have to heal, a "donut pillow" and a "heating pad" are doing the trick to bring me comfort.  I can now sit without pain, and the heat is really soothing.



My other kind of comfort was "food".  Our new neighbors brought each of us a plate as you see above.  Steak, roasted corn, rice, and shrimp.  This was such a nice surprise, since we were not able to celebrate with our daughter at her Church as I couldn't sit that long.  About 9 pm...the fireworks from the High School Stadium just up the street were seen beautifully overhead.  The neighbors all gathered and sat on our brick wall, as I passed out cookies.  It turned out to be a lovely "4th of July".

Hope you had a wonderful time too.   God bless America, and God bless Good Neighbors.

7 comments:

  1. good friends are priceless, lovely meal!
    You take care, let that tail bone heal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so tasty. BTW your sky is posted on my SWF. Thanks again for a lovely picture.

      Delete
  2. Hi Wanda! I do hope you are feeling just a little better! That must have HURT!
    I also hope that it won't take too long to completely heal.
    Your coffee cake from the last post looks amazing, I smiled to think you did that with your injury!
    Wishing you a better weekend with lots of pampering!
    Blessings always,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria ~ Since standing didn't hurt, a coffee cakes seemed like a righeous idea!! It's gone. I did share some with the neighbors.

      Delete
  3. Glad you are able to sit Wanda. That meals looks delicious! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you did end up having a lovely celebration! I'm glad the neighbors fed you such a yummy meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun and festive! Glad you are feeling a little better!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)