Tuesday, July 24, 2012

NEW BEDDING


I've been wanting to change my bedding to a quilt.  Especially in the summer they are so  much cooler than the silk comforter I had on the bed.  On my birthday in May a dear friend gave me a generous gift card from Kohls.  I really couldn't think of something I needed, so have just been hanging on to it. 

I was looking at bedding on line at Kohls and spotted this quilt bedspread with two pillow shams.  It was in stock, on sale and with my gift card a really good deal.  It came today, and I love the new look in the bedroom.  Sometimes changing the bedding...changes the whole feel of the room.
 What do you think? 

I will probably move my "Wolf" painting and put an softer more appropriate one ~ maybe my Apple Blossoms or my Iris and Poppies!

9 comments:

  1. looks beautiful, I love my quilts, just so cozy looking, I also love the painting above the bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving it Laurie. I moved my wolf painting to the side wall, and hug my laverder iris and poppy painting with the lavender mat and gold frame above the bed and it looks very nice. Also today at the Thrift store, I found two perfect decorator pillows to add the final touch.

      Delete
  2. Wanda, I have been looking also for a new bedspread, but just can't find anything I like. That one is really pretty - I need something with pink. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going well, just busy. I tried to exercise at the Y today, but when we did some of the stretches, and lunges I felt it, so will back off a litte longer. Sure takes tailbones a long time to heal.

      Delete
    2. It does take a long time. It will probably be longer than you want it to. I don't go to Curves while we are at Pismo, but I should. I just say "I'm on vacation". lol

      Delete
  3. I think that is very nice! What a fresh new look! I love to make little changes like that and brighten up the room...usually for a different season. We have a thin quilt on our bed, too....just the right weight for summer! Although, presently, it has ketchup on it, thanks to Alex. lol....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Fall set I really like and usually put it on late August, or Sept. I like the season changes in our home.

      Ketchup...last time Jon spent the night, had the yellow quilt on the couch, and something green got on it and I haven't figured out what it is, but it isn't coming off. Probably some "slime" he got at the Dollar store.

      Delete
  4. I love the quilt, Wanda! So calming and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you would. We're just quilt kind of gals, I think! I bet Calvin is growing like a little weed. What a blessing to your family.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)