Saturday, July 28, 2012

CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW!


Our grandson, Jon found a baby sparrow that had fallen from a nest, and survived without anything broken.  He brought it in, and for the past 4 days they are nursing this little guy and he's a fighter, and is getting stronger each day.  The animal control said if they can keep it keep it warm, at it will eat and move around on it's own in the box, for 7 days, it will survive.  But because the family is all it knows, the bird will adopt who takes care if it, and will not survive in the wild. 

So every 45 minutes, this little guy (named Captain Jack) is fed food on a tiny paint brush.  You can see him opening up and then closing on the paint brush. They have him comfortable on a heating pad, lots of warm fuzzy things around him and he responds to my daughter's voice.  She says it's harder than a newborn, as it wants to eat so often.  It's eating and pooping, so it's little body is working.  It should begin to get feathers soon.  I will give an update of how our little Captain Jack is doing.

I'm so reminded of the children's book   "Are You My Mother?"

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Good for them at having such good luck.. I've tried this a few times and never had the baby survive more than a day. Love the name. He's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are all smitten~~~Can't believe he opens his little mouth and recognizes Julie's voice.

      Delete
  2. what a great name, we have had been down this road a few times, sometimes successful sometimes not, good luck to everyone, beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is't that a cute name..I hope he makes it and becomes a family pet.

      Delete
  3. Hi Wanda! Your baby birdie will be getting lots of extra prayers from me! Please keep us posted! What a kind, gentle and memorable thing you're all doing!
    I also loved reading your supermarket story. It's such a great thing when people see God's love in their lives. You certainly made Him smile that day.
    God bless you always, Wanda!
    - Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, I can't believe how tiny he is...My daughter is the hero feeding it every hour.

      Thanks for your comment on the incident at the supermarket. It was a blessing back to me..

      Delete
  4. Oh, Wanda... he is such a tiny little thing. Sounds like he is getting excellent care. I'll be pulling for Captain Jack.

    I remember reading that book hundreds of times... LOL! Sweet memory. Thank you. blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe my daughter is becoming his mother. He opens his mouth when he hears her.

      Delete
  5. So sweet and very admirable for Jon.
    It will be interesting to see if they end up with a little pet or he can actually join the great outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sue...Jon has such a tender heart. I'm hoping especially for his sake Captain Jack makes it.

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)