Friday, July 6, 2012

1000 Gift List Continues.....


It's been a while since I share my 1000 Gift Journal I started sometime ago after reading the book.  The list continues to grow, and I don't jot down nearly the number of gifts (blessings) that come into my life each day.  #721 A beautiful African Violet from my Church family after my fall.  #729 A flock of brilliant green and red parrots in our neighbors tree.  #731 Getting a donut pillow and heating pad from the Medical Supply. #732 Feeling healing in my tailbone.  Yeah. #733 Vicodin


#734 The gift of music.  Listening to beautiful piano music before falling asleep. (Cassettes 2 for 25 cents at the Thrift Store)  Another gift!

#735 The little bird bath candy (nut) dish I found at Ross.
 

#736  A new Linda Dillow book "Satisfy My Thirsty Soul". 
#737 Planning our trip to Oregon to see Jill and Jaya.
#738 The constant love and attention I feel from the Lord.
#739 Reading through the One Year Bible, and being faithful, and now half way through.

What are you thankful for today?  Be sure to share a few in your comment.

11 comments:

  1. * The blueberry patch, even if I don't think I need anymore blueberries. :)
    (I can always share, can't I?)

    * Saturdays. Life doesn't slow down much on the weekend, just comes at me from a different angle.

    * The mockingbird out there who changes his song every few seconds. He is quite talented. I wonder if baby mockingbirds are multilingual?

    * Fans and air conditioning, cold water, and shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your list, Martha...good question about those baby mockinbirds!!

      Delete
  2. I will tell you what I'm thankful for today,
    I am thankful for a wonderful friend named Wanda who sent me the most beautiful gift, thankyou so very much, we have been oohing and ahhhhing over them all night, I took them right down the hall first thing to show my friend chris, so sweet of you, so kind, thankyou,
    beautiful post,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Laurie, so glad you received your cards. Just a little token to say thanks for the lovely canoe paintings we are enjoying.

      Delete
  3. I now have 20/20 vision in my right eye!!
    I'll soon have my new glasses to put both eyes to rights.
    We have had really nice sunny days for a week or so.
    My new Bible Study class starts next week.
    It's peach season!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, I'm so happy your surgery was successful...20/20 that's great. A blessing for sure. Hasn't the weather been great?
    What are you teaching this time in your Bible Study. I just started a personal study with the book "Satisfy my Thirsty Soul" by Linda Dillow. I really loved her other book "Calm My Anxious Heart" and taught it several times to ladies groups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris...just finished a wonderful bag of peaches from Don's cousin. So yummy as you said.

      Delete
  5. Well, that is a lovely African Violet! How sweet of them to think of you. I love the candy dish, too! And parrots in the trees...you just don't see that in Ohio! ha.

    Today...

    ...Air Conditioning, as it's been over 100 degrees for 2 weeks now!
    ...a good time meeting Taylor's future inlaws and dinner out this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betsy, I thought you'd like the candy dish. I thought is was very sweet. Does Taylor's gal have siblings or is she an only child.
      I remember meeting inlaws when each of our children decided to make them the one. Each so different!

      Delete
  6. Love your thankful thoughts! Right about now my number thankful thoughts are my central air conditioning that is working overtime! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love that little book "1000 Gifts" book, it makes my attitude so different when I think blessings on the little things...life is much better when I'm thinking positive, and feeling gratitude.

      So glad you have your AC Back!!

      Delete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)