Saturday, June 23, 2012

THROUGH THE YEARS


To celebrate our actual Anniversary date, June 24, 1961, I thought it might be fun to see us "Through the Years"...We were married in Turlock, CA in the First Baptist Church where I had gone since childhood.  The Church I embraced Jesus as my Lord and Savior, the Church where I was baptized and where I felt the call as a teenager to go serve in the in the Ministry.  With that goal in mind, headed to Biola University in La Mirada, CA where I met, fell in love, and married this young man studying to be a Pastor.  My goal of ministry was set...I would serve with my husband for 47 years in several different churches, the last 27 years in Hughson CA.


Fast forward to 1981.  This is what we looked like when we came to Hughson.

I wasn't kidding when I said I was a "redhead", and note those curls ( a perm of course)
 and the lace...my girly girl look as always.  And isn't he a dashing young Pastor!


And NOW 2012, Just a couple of old folks with young people inside trying to get out!! Kenny Rogers' sing a song ~ Through the Years....that's our story.

Happy Anniversary Don ~ I hope we have a lot more years to go through together.

17 comments:

  1. just beautiful, happy anniversary to you and the dashing young pastor!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been quite a journey..and it's not over yet. I'm blessed to have this man in my life.

      Delete
  2. What a journey! It was good to see where and with whom it started. And,more to come

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom, I'm so excited you are on line, and visiting the blog.. Don can have you on the phone....but I get you on blog..Yeah!!

      Delete
  3. Aw...love to see the photos! How very sweet! And happy anniversary, too!
    51 years is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might enjoy the "middle" picture.. I think I was about your age in that one.

      Delete
  4. Thanks Babe,it has been and continues to be a wonderful life. And I believe the best is yet to be. So thank you for our journey through the years and the joy of sharing our life and love together. You are the rainbow of my life.

    Forever love
    Don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think I'm your rainbow...and not that little Cherokee doing her rain dance. HaHa..We do have fun, don't we?

      Delete
  5. Tell Don I love those 1981 sideburns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too, Bob..He was my Elvis!! HaHa

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary! And many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. With God's help, that's our plan.

      Delete
  7. Hi Wanda, happy anniversary to you both. Great pictures to have and look back over the years together. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dave, so glad we have reconnected..look forward to seeing lots of your great pictures and rides.

      Delete
  8. Happy Anniversary with more to come.

    Thank you for visiting my blog, just to let you know that I will not be posting until sometime in September, I been sorting lots of my things out cause I will be moving into a house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this good news getting to move into a house. I thinking of all your plants...will they go with you, and your pets?

      So, have a good move and look forward to hearing from you in Sept.

      Delete
  9. Summer seems to have sucked me away from the computer, Wanda! I have so enjoyed catching up with your blog this morning. Loved all the old photos and wonderful memories. And, OUCH, that "bad ass" was definitely a mean little guy!! Hope you have a wonderful week. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)