Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A BITE I WON'T FORGET


When the sign says "BEWARE, DONKEY BITES" you should listen!  When we were in Hawaii several years ago,  I wanted to visit a coffee plantation or mill.  So as we drove around the big Island we came to the "Bad Ass Coffee Mill" and stopped to visit and buy some coffee.  The "mascot" was in a pen and one side had a low wire fence, as you can see.  The sign saying that the donkey bites was rather small, and he looked so gentle and cute I got a little closer to take the picture.  Right after I got this shot, I felt pain and that darn donkey took a big bite right on my boob!  There were several people witnessing this, and unfortunately were so surprise as I yelled "Ouch, he bit me" no one got a picture, and I think I dropped my camera.


When we got back to the motel room, I decided since we didn't get a picture of this memorable moment, I would make a quick sketch and watercolor.  I did get a rather ugly bruise, but nothing worse.  I must say, though I'm not too thrilled with the name of the mill, the coffee is delicious, and can actually be ordered on line.

I know I learned my lesson, and if a sign says "Beware" I take it seriously!

12 comments:

  1. Ouch, Wanda. They kick too. Never go around the back of a donkey. Yet they look so sweet and innocent that I forget this and keep thinking I'd like a donkey for a pet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sweet eyes, that innocent look...come a little closer...Ouch! HaHa
      Looking back it's rather funny.

      Delete
  2. wow, thats amazing, sorry that happened to you though,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a "Slice of Life", Laurie..I've got a pie full, like everyone else. Ran across this picture, and it reminded me of the story.

      You cards are going in the mail today. Enjoy.

      Delete
  3. I've had a horse try. He got bopped on the nose.

    I love animals and they seem to love me. The only thing that has bitten me has been a couple of cats when I had to work on an injury. But I tend to show animals a lot of respect.

    You're right, though. We tend not to pay attention, or should I say, closer attention to warnings.

    Sia McKye OVER COFFEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think horses are such beautiful animals. But never had the opportunity to be around them. Maybe I should put riding a horse on my "Bucket List"....

      Delete
  4. Oh my! What a story...and your sketch is very good ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lady Cat...sure enjoyed your "Cat" blog today.

      Delete
  5. Your stories make me laugh! You do have funny things happen to you. At the time, I guess it wasn't so funny.
    Cher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just the tip of the iceberg...there the car wash story, the broccoli in the purse story, the "Underware" drawer...and the beat goes on...I'll be sharing those at sometime no doubt. Glad I give you a laugh!

      Delete
    2. Ouch! What a cute donkey, though.

      Delete
  6. Your blog is fun and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment on my blog, I would love to reply with a response in the "reply" section. Be sure and check back to see what my response to your comment was...(I'm always nice..HaHa)